Cuboid Keeper - The Legendary Guardian [Arena shooter/PC]

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

Cuboid Keeper - The Legendary Guardian [Arena shooter/PC]

Postby Ottropi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:54 am

Hello!

We are a team of two, a musician and a developer (myself) and we recently finished the third trailer of our game. The first two were quite bad. But we are very proud of this one. Proud enough to show it in forums like this one.

Here it is:

The game plays as an arena shoot 'em up and has other interesting mechanics that make it unique.

The ship changes shape during battle, between a large offensive mode, and a small evasive one. It adds a lot of dynamic to the gameplay, since the player must regularly stop firing to become small and evade the enemy attacks (and also grab resources).

The ship can be built as the player chooses. It is a simple build system, but those that played it found it quite fun.

There is a demo available on Steam in which you can play the first 5 levels, one mini-boss and one boss included:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/9542 ... id_Keeper/

Our team is based in Chile (incidentally, please excuse any grammar error in this post and in the game... The Spanish version is top-notch, though). It took us 3 years to make it. I started with a small clone of Geometry Wars and built upon it.

We greatly welcome any opinions!

Last edited by Ottropi on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Re: Cuboid Keeper - The Legendary Guardian [Arena shooter/PC

Postby monoRAIL » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:17 am

Very nice trailer. That's an interesting art style - it looks like you're using sprites with bump maps. What engine are you using to develop the game?

Postby Ottropi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:17 pm

It is made with Unity. I tried many graphics styles until finding this one. It works quite well since the enemies rotate at 360°.

It gives weird results sometimes, though, and the elevation/depth is limited.

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 am

Have you seen the new sprite lighting in Unity 2019 - it can do directional lighting for normal-mapped sprites now: (skip to 23:00 in the video).

Postby Ottropi » Thu May 02, 2019 6:36 pm

No, I had not seen it! It is crazy! I could use that (but probably in a future game). I'm also interested in the ECS. Some crazy games are going to be made with that.

What a time to be alive.

Return to Showcase