[Steam][Win/Mac/Linux] A Quiver of Crows - October 19th

This forum is for discussing shmup development, tools, engines and techniques.

[Steam][Win/Mac/Linux] A Quiver of Crows - October 19th

Postby MsTei » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Long time no update! After two and half years of hard work our small team of three is nearly done developing our twin-stick shmup where you play as a crow!

Steam page for A Quiver of Crows

• 360-degree twin-stick chaos!
  • Local / couch co-op so you don't have to go it alone
  • Upgradable weapons, bombs, and shields
  • Unique environments and physics not common in shmups
  • Play using controller or keyboard & mouse

In the animated gif, you can see the four different types of weapons we cycle through.

Animator's Vlog - Danny talks about animating the toucan. In the gif above, you can see the ghostly toucan in action - who you gonna call??

A developer Let's Play - Chad and I play through a level while talking about the updates we added. This is months ago, really old Let's Play, but can give you a better idea of what the gameplay is like.

The game will be launching for Windows, Mac, & Linux on Steam. It will be priced at $14.99 / 14,99€ / ¥1,480 and there will be a 10% discount during the first week of launch. So make sure to wishlist now and get the game during launch week! Don't let the beauty fool you - it is a challenging game. I made sure of it. I'm the level designer, as well as co-developer, balancer, and composer...that's why I haven't been posting much, because I'm so busy!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at crows@sheado.net or start a discussion in our community hub. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @AQuiverOfCrows for more frequent updates!

Site Admin

Re: [Steam][Win/Mac/Linux] A Quiver of Crows - October 19th

Postby monoRAIL » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:29 am

Congratulations, and good luck with the Steam launch. Posted on the news page here: http://www.shmup-dev.com/?p=245

Postby MsTei » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Aww, thanks so much monoRAIL! :D

Postby MsTei » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Our lead programmer has just posted a Gamasutra article entitled Developing a 2D Game for Windows, Mac, & Linux with Cocos2d-x. It goes into the technical stuff we've had to struggle through when making this game.

Postby MsTei » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Our game is now available for purchase!

A Quiver of Crows on Steam

Our game also features the song "Better Days" by Laura Shigihara, who's also the composer for Plants vs Zombies, composer/singer of "Everything's Alright" for To The Moon, and the voice of the Singing Sunflower companion pet in World of Warcraft. Check out the beautiful music video!

Return to Development