[iOS] Steelbound Sky - SHMUP x Touch Gesture Mechanics (UDK)

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

[iOS] Steelbound Sky - SHMUP x Touch Gesture Mechanics (UDK)

Postby witherwood » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:12 pm

*EDIT*

Game is NOW OUT on the APP STORE!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steelbound-sky/id1078802031?mt=8

Please support or spread the game if you can. :) Thankyou!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Shmup-Dev Forums,

I am on the verge of releasing a game called Steelbound Sky. It's a game which is inspired by traditional shoot'em ups but is combined with a contemporary control scheme.

Rather than taking control of a ship, you are in control of the wind. Wind streams are used to manipulate projectiles or enemies themselves. It's a game which takes advantage of touch controls rather than trying to retrofit analogue buttons or joysticks on a screen.

Official Trailer:

Some screen shots:

Image Image Image

If you wanted to check out some more Trailers or screenshots, here is the official site:

http://www.steelboundsky.com/

It will soon be out now on the iOS store! I will update this post with the link in the next few weeks.

Since this game is truly built for a tablet experience I recommend that it is played on an iPad. However, it is fully compatible with most iPhones/iPod touches.

A PC version is working pretty well at the moment, and is being considered for release in the future.

This game started off as a group post University Project. However What you see in terms of programming, enemy wave design and UI are all my work . Staring near beginning of last year it was pretty much a 1 man team. Enemy pattern designs, general ideas, environment design/placement, testing and assembling the game together are mostly my solo work. I had to outsource a lot of 3D content and music from places like the Unity store. I was able to do various 2D texture editing task such creating particle effect textures which is generally simpler. So I hope you understand why the art style may not seem that creative; I have a purely game programming background, had to split my time resources into every section of the pipeline and have minimum art skills. But it was interesting to have my hands directly engaged in every aspect of game development.

I hope you give it a try soon and enjoy it. Please ask any questions or give any feedback/criticism.

-Witherwood Studios
Last edited by witherwood on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [iOS] Steelbound Sky - SHMUP x Touch Gesture Mechanics (

Postby witherwood » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:50 am

GAME IS NOW OUT ON THE APP STORE!!!

Please support it if you can!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steelbound-sky/id1078802031?mt=8

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:39 am

Congratulations on the release, I've posted a news article on the game here: http://www.shmup-dev.com/?p=228

Postby witherwood » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:47 am

monoRAIL wrote:Congratulations on the release, I've posted a news article on the game here: http://www.shmup-dev.com/?p=228

Kind regards! Thankyou for that! I working on my current update. Here is a list of various things will be in in the next update:

Code: Select all
Version 2.0 Notes

Features

-Added Achivements
-Added Leaderboards for each mode, level (both standard and Guardian mode)
-Added Local Highscores for Each Level
-Added tally for Level score for each level
-Level names and Parts will show at the beginning of each level
-Added ability for player's to "end game" and then submit highscores after a continue countdown
-Added new Replay Mode which allows player's to replay levels that have been beaten already.
-Added option to allow players to play with unlimited continues. Limited continues is now called Arcade Mode.

Balance

-Increased Wind Length
-Increased time wind stream survives
-Increased curvature of wind stream so players can now draw wide curves by default.
-Increased player Health generally for upgraded health and non upgraded health by about 33%
-Doubled amount of health repaired by a Health Drop
-Slowed down heavy projectiles by 500 Unreal Units (for Juggeranught and HeavyGunner)
-Slowed down heavy projectile by 1000 Unreal untis for Steelbug
-Increased Lightning strike distasnce for hitting the steelbug by 100
-Increased Length upgrade by 500 Unreal units

Bugs

-Fixed lives Bug when entering endless or boss rush mode
-Fixed issue where city level incorrectly being displayed
-Fixed issue with Patterns in Endless mode
-Fixed issue so that Level Bonuses are split between Level Parts
-Spelt Guardian Mode Properly
-Fixed issue where ability buttons were not being shown in endless and bossrush mode
-Fixed Highscore displayed when using a resolution using black bars in hard mode
-Moved the time counter in bossrush a bit more to the left in order to fit longer times
-Fixed issue with unlocking Final Level in Hard Mode
-Fixed issue where the enemy points would be added even after the town has fallen

I hope you all will have a chance to try out my game.

Postby witherwood » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:53 am

Version 2.0.0 is NOW LIVE!

LEADERBOARDS
ACHIVEMENTS
NEW LEVEL
RE-BALANCED MECHANICS
NEW REPLAY MODE

Full list of updates can be viewed here:

http://www.steelboundsky.com/#!version-info/ruydx

Postby TiaoFerreira » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:56 pm