[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
shmup-dev | forum - View topic - Robotic Rebellion - Developer Blog

Robotic Rebellion - Developer Blog

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

Robotic Rebellion - Developer Blog

Postby friedfishcomics » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:39 am

Hola shmup developers,

after playing around with Construct2 for a year, it's time to grind myself into a full complete game. Ofcourse I am realistic and know that most likely it will last more then a year before it's still not near completion. It already took me 6 months to get where I am now. Most likely an musician will assist me for the music, but for the time being it's all just me.

It's gonna be an old school arcade shooter. Have a look at my website where you can follow the progress of the game and I will be uploading alpha and beta versions there. Alpha 1.00 is online ;-)

Here are some early sprite designs.
These are all hand drawn and colored on computer.

And if you can't wait and wanna have a sneak peak.

Alpha 1.00 :

I will also regularly update this post. So you can follow the journey from the first drops of sweat to the last swearing words ;-)
Ah well, I do it for the love of the game. Always wanted to make my own shooter.

Site Admin

Re: Robotic Rebellion - Developer Blog

Postby monoRAIL » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Looks like you're off to a great start. Just a couple of things to look out for - you can shoot faster by pressing Z repeatedly instead of holding it down. You should make the firing rate consistent. Also, moving diagonally is faster than horizontally or vertically. Remember to multiply the speed by 0.7 (Sin and Cos of 45 degrees) when moving both vertically and horizontally.
| | | |

Return to Showcase