[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
shmup-dev | forum - View topic - Caravandroid - Love Letter to PC Engine Caravan Shooters

Caravandroid - Love Letter to PC Engine Caravan Shooters

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

Caravandroid - Love Letter to PC Engine Caravan Shooters

Postby CartridgeCarnage » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Hello everyone - I've lurked on here for quite some time but finally decided to make an account, as I've made a love letter to my favorite PC Engine shooters - like Super Star Soldier, Nexzr Special, Spriggan, and Gunhed - for the Android platform so you can get your 2 minute high score fix on the go!

The game controls pretty easily, you can swipe ANYWHERE and it will move your ship - this way you can keep your finger out of the way for those trickier segments. There are 8 different enemies, with different health, point values, movement patterns, and attack patterns, as well as 3 bosses that represent some of our favorite bosses from the Caravan games (RARIOS!) and they have ways of killing them to earn bonuses.

The famous "legos" are there for you to destroy for even more points, and of course the bonus orbs and upgrade orbs. I've had a blast developing this, and I've been playing it on my phone for the past half hour now and I really think that anyone who is a fan of the Caravan/Carnival series will really get a kick out of it.

I hope that those of you who play it enjoy it, and if you do, please let me know here, rate it on the Google Play store, and tell a friend! Thanks a ton everyone, I'm really looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Store Listing:
Price: $0.99

**NOTE: I have an update coming out soon that will add Google Game Services so you can compete on global leaderboards for high scores and achievements!

Re: Caravandroid - Love Letter to PC Engine Caravan Shooters

Postby Tryzna » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:51 am

Love the look of your ships. ll definetly give it a try during the week when i ll be bored at work!

Return to Showcase