[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
shmup-dev | forum - View topic - Wingbreaker: Endless Arcade Space Shooter for the iOS

Wingbreaker: Endless Arcade Space Shooter for the iOS

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

Wingbreaker: Endless Arcade Space Shooter for the iOS

Postby Riggerman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey guys! Richard here. :)

I've been working on Wingbreaker, my arcade shoot 'em up since February this year, and I'm on its final development stages. Now I'm trying to create some buzz around the game to help people get to know it exists and boost the downloads on the App Store.

I've seen the posts on this forum and they're all really classic-oriented. Mine is a little bit different, it's more like Einhander/Armored Core than R-type/Galaga style, if you know what I mean... :)

Anyhow, I'll let you see the video and images and read the comments!

Thanks a lot!
Richard

---

Features:
- MISSION MODE: lots of missions to learn and unlock weapons and enemies.
- HANGAR: equip your ship with 10 unique weapons and 3 different force field generators before launching it into Arcade!
- ARCADE MODE: never-ending fun! Destroy all you can and survive as much as you can to enter the world highscores!
- UFOPEDIA: a library with information about all enemies and weapons in Wingbreaker universe. Content is also unlocked progressively with missions.
- GAMECENTER ACHIEVEMENTS: 17 open achievements and 3 hidden ones to test your skill!
- GAMECENTER LEADERBOARDS: one for most points scored and another one for furthest distance traveled.
- BILINGUAL CONTENT: game can be played either in english or brazilian portuguese.

Release date is expected to be around October '12. iOS only for now.

The Gatling Gun, your first secondary weapon being equipped to your ship.

The Gatling Gun in use!

The Rail Gun, a devastating rail bullet, being described in the UFOPEDIA!

The Wraith, an enemy, being described in the UFOPEDIA!

---

That's all for now, folks! Hope to hear comments, thanks!!! :)

Site Admin

Re: Wingbreaker: Endless Arcade Space Shooter for the iOS

Postby monoRAIL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm

This looks great! Seems like there's a lot of detail in the customization and planning stages of the game before you even begin shooting. The tilted perspective reminds me of Nanostray on the Nintendo DS.

Is this made with Unity?
Let us know when it's released and I'll post a news story on the front page with the iTunes link.
| | | |

Postby Riggerman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks! Since it is a casual endless game, the customization stage is fairly simple. But it does give a nice atmospheric feeling, doesn't it? :)

Nanostray seems awesome, didn't knew this game! Mine is much, much simpler. Gotta have a big team to create all these assets!
Yes Conor, it is Unity, how did you know? :) Been watching your prototypes, very nice work! You surely captured the shmup feeling in Drone Swarm!

Oh, if you have an iOS device, I can send over an adhoc build for testing!

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm using Unity quite often these days myself, so I can recognize the style now :-)

I've sent you a PM with my email address, you can add me on Testflight if you use that for testing.
| | | |

Postby Riggerman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey monoRAIL! Managed to install the game this time? :)

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 am

No, it's very strange. When I click install in testflight I get a message saying "This build requires a provisioning file. This process will install it for you. After it is successfully installed, revisit this page to then install the app". I click OK and install the ad-hoc provisioning profile. But when I go back to testflight, the exact same thing happens.

I suspect it's something wrong with my testflight configuration because it's been working fine for over a year, with many other apps, but since this wasn't working I've tried installing another app and that isn't installing either (error message is different, but still - I've never seen it fail before). I might need to remove all my devices from my testflight profile and re-register them.

[edit] I got it to work - be deleting all the devices from my testflight profile and then re-registering. And then deleting the testflight profile off the device. Now it can download the game. I'll have some feedback for you shortly :-)
| | | |

Postby Riggerman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Ah, my brothers have this same problem sometimes. TF keeps asking to install the Provision Profile over and over and never installs the game. They usually reboot the device and keep trying until the game installs. :(

Anyhow, thanks! If you need any other permissions now that you un-registered your devices, let me know!

Thanks!

Oh, I already sent the game to Apple to approve, crossing my fingers. :)
The game site is already on, but the download links do not work as the app is still not online: www.wingbreakergame.com

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm

I've posted a news story with a link to Wingbreaker on the front page: http://www.shmup-dev.com/?p=116
| | | |

Postby Riggerman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 am

Awesome! :)

Thanks very much monoRail! Time is a lot shorter now that I'm back to my daily work (I was away for 4 months just to finish this game), but I'll do my best to follow-up updates and answer people :)

Return to Showcase