[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
shmup-dev | forum - View topic - Cosmic Predator Completed

Cosmic Predator Completed

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

Cosmic Predator Completed

Postby SteelRiverGames » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 am

Edit: Cosmic Predator has been released! If you're interested you can buy it on my .

Hey guys. I wanted to get some feedback on my new project. Cosmic Predator is a side scrolling SHMUP made with Unity where your health slowly decreases, so you have to continuously feed on the blood drops left behind by fallen enemies to stay alive. The game also features an upgrade system where you can purchase power-ups at the end of a stage depending on how much blood you devour from downed enemies. I'm hoping to be able to make this into a commercial game for mac, windows, and maybe iOS at some point

Anyway this contains the first few levels. Let me know what you think and thanks for your time. Oh, and check out my for more info if you want.

Screenshots:

Last edited by SteelRiverGames on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Cosmic Predator WIP

Postby SteelRiverGames » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Updates:

-fixed the spreadshot weapon, hitting an enemy with multiple shots at once will do extra damage
-made the asteroids and other obstacles brighter so they don't blend into the background
-modified the large asteroids so they do damage and are destroyed after colliding with you
-changed the ending of the first boss fight so that he instantly traps you, like the beginning of the third boss battle
-slowed down the shot speed for certain attacks to make them less cheap
-fixed typos

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:12 am

I enjoyed this, the graphics in particular are good. I found the pace a little slow though, and the player's initial gun feels very weak. I also noticed a lot of slowdown at the start of level 2. Are you loading a lot of assets at that point?
| | | |

Postby SteelRiverGames » Thu May 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks for the comments. I've implemented some of your suggestions into my latest update. As for the slowdown at the start of level 2, I haven't noticed any slowdown nor am I loading a lot of assets at that point. I guess it's something I'll need to look into further. Anyway...

Cosmic Predator Demo Updates:

-The player's health now slowly decreases over time and eating enemy remains restores health. This was done to make going after enemy blood a more central part of the gameplay (aside from just collecting it to essentially buy power-ups between levels) and because it works well with controlling a predatory creature (you need to hunt and kill to survive, etc). I think it also helps give the gameplay more of a unique flavor.

-The level movement speed has been increased slightly.

-I redid a lot of the level artwork, particularly for the first two stages, to make them look more colorful and interesting.

-Changed around some of the "prices" for the power-ups to make the game a little more balanced. Also, the player now starts the game with a double shot to increase the power of the starting attack and make investing in non attack based upgrades a more viable strategy early in the game.

The link to the updated online demo is still in the first post of this topic or you can just click to play it.

Thanks.

Re: Cosmic Predator Completed

Postby SteelRiverGames » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:57 am

Cosmic Predator is finally finished and is available for purchase on my for $3.99. The game will also be available on Desura and other online distributors soon too. Thanks to everyone here who played or offered feedback on the game.

Here's a I made for the game a little while ago.

Return to Showcase