[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
shmup-dev | forum - View topic - MY PROJECTS IN QUEUE

MY PROJECTS IN QUEUE

Post your finished games or work-in-progress here.

MY PROJECTS IN QUEUE

Postby TiaoFerreira » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 am

Hi, all! Since the old forum, I have some projects in queue. At actual days, I've updated some of them, and I'd like to show them to you. I will post all my projects in this thread. Criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy!

======================================

Title: ETs ATACAM! (ETs ATTACK!)
Year of Project start: 2007
Style: Fixed screen shooter (if I can classify this)
Players: 1
Languages available: Portuguese
Finished project percentage: 50%
Screen size: 640 x 480
Platform: Windows XP (I didn't tested in seven)
Tool / language used: Dark basic
Filesize: 2mb
Distribution: Freeware
Main credits: Original codification by Aaron Walz, updated by me; art and voice by me; music by Black Squadron

Story

"ETs ATACAM!" is a simple shooter based on an original tutorial for dark basic apprentices. Is a simple clone of SPACE INVADERS, for studies.

I did not move much in the original code, I only replace or edited most of the graphics, and I replaced all the sounds. I also added my voice in the portuguese version of the classic "get ready".

This is my oldest project, I'll update it next year. I need learn a few more dark basic language.

Download:

Title: UARGON (idem)
Year of Project start: 2007
Style: Top down / vertical shooter
Languages available: Portuguese
Finished project percentage: 20%
Screen size: 640 x 480, 400 x 600, this is still undefined.
Platform: Linux, Windows XP, Seven, Vista, PSP, MAC, Cybergame Dynacom and all consoles that run flash player 9 or newest.
Tool / language used: Flash Actionscript 1.0
Filesize: Undefined
Main credits: Codification by Gabriel Moura and me; art by me; music by Nightwish and Go Sato (only for test, heheh!); special thanks to Gofaia (for PSP app development)

Prototype running on PSP

Story

UARGON - The human race is the enemy!

The planet Uargon is located a few light-years from Earth, on a star system hidden somewhere of the Via Lactea galaxy that scientists can not see. The uargonians are a race peaceful and orderly, dedicated to science and peace among its inhabitants.

However, the planet's atmosphere is being polluted with debris falling from outer space. Over time, the rain of debris has become a serious problem, because they began to enter the uargonian atmosphere in larger and larger chunks, causing accidents and victimizing many inhabitants of this planet.

Worried about this, the rulers of Uargon sent a mission to space in order to predict and identify the space debris and their origins, and, if possible, destroy it before it enters the atmosphere. The mission was well until several ships entrusted with the task were destroyed by an alien fleet, coming no one knows where.

A new fleet was sent in search of survivors and was also destroyed. Trackers of communication were used to check stellar systems, to identify the attackers. Thereafter, Uargonians, peace lovers, decided to dig out their military technology, long forgotten and abandoned.

You are the uargonian pilot chosen as a herald of revenge against the human race!

Note: this project had "X-ARGON", like original name. After a friend warned me, saying that a game with this name was already released, I've decided rename it, to avoid confusion.

Title: PIXEL FIGHTERS (idem)
Year of Project start: 2009
Style: Top down/vertical shooter
Languages available: Portuguese and english
Finished project percentage: 70%
Screen size: 130 x 120
Platform: Linux, Windows XP, Seven, Vista, PSP, Cybergame Dynacom and all consoles that run flash player 9 or newest (I never tested on MAC).
Filesize: 2,3mb (until now)
Main credits: Codification by Gabriel Moura and me; folley effects by me (not all of them, there are some sound effects found at Find Sounds website); special thanks to Gofaia (for PSP app development), Googley (Raiden-x’s author, for his valuable tips, again) and Gryzor (for some interesting A.I. ideas); music by Euler Moisés (for the final version), Harppia, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and other greatest heavy metal bands (for the testing versions), music samples from various ancient games (homage)

Explaining the project

The weapon schemes

Using green gun

Using blue gun

Using red gun

Using yellow gun

How I create a boss: first step: play with LEGO

How I create a boss: other steps

A boss was defeated

An enemy gun turret concept

Boss concept: Heavy Megalocomotive

Boss concept: Core Fortress

Boss concept: Superhovercraft

Boss concept: X-Panzer Kanone

Bosse concept: Aracnobot

Boss concept: HMS Horrendous

Some cutscenes

The hall of fame

game prototype runing on a PSP

Testing features: bomber's help

Building environment map (no, you aren' seeing MARIO WORLD, hahahahah)

Cities created by procedural environment generation

Fighting over islands... Where did I saw this? :)

Old lay outs for game over screen

Parts of a level ready to play

A fake arcade cabinet: don't need to pay for dream, hahaha!

Creating missions screen

The mission screen running

Some enemies what you'll find, heheeh!

Can you survive? This is PIXEL FIGHTERS, man!

First try of my "Procedural Map Generation" method, heheeh!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OazuTThyOag&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Me, talking about Brazilian indie gamedev scene, at 13:20

Story

"PIXEL FIGHTERS" is a homage to the oldschool games. I mixed many concepts and ideas, resulting on a curious game. I think this "PIXEL FIGHTERS" has everything I wanted in "RIVER RAID", but Carol Shaw could not did, hehehe!

In this game, I'm trying create a procedural environment map generation, it will be used in most of my games. Until now, I like it!

"PIXEL FIGHTERS" is a game full of references to old games. try to identify them! Try to enter in top ten players, register your score on line!

You can download the newest test version here:

Title: SGS – SINGULARITY GEAR SQUAD (idem)
Year of Project start: 2011
Style: Horizontal shooter
Languages available: English
Finished project percentage: 15%
Screen size: 800 x 480
Platform: Linux, Windows XP, Seven, Vista, PSP, Cybergame Dynacom and all consoles that run flash player 9 or newest (I never tested on MAC).
Filesize: 9,5mb (until now)
Main credits: story, art and music by P-H (Octane); codification by Gabriel Moura and me; folley effects by me; voices by Janecleide Ferreira (my loved wife) and me; special thanks to Googley (Raiden-x’s author, for his valuable tips)

First version of hero mecha

Another concept by me, for control system of mecha

Some enemies

Anime intro

Play first demo version

Play second demo version

Story

The human race has exhausted all possibilities to live decently on planet Earth. The unbridled exploitation of natural resources has led humanity to a global collapse. With a growing population and no resources to feed, the leaders of the nations of the Earth agreed to send a mission to outer space in order to find a place similar to Earth, to colonization and possible transfer of the population.

Found a new home, the colonization begins. The new world, however, is not unoccupied. Biomechanical life forms dominate it, and soon begins a conflict between the races...

Notes: The project's author, Paulo Henrique, known among his friends by the nickname of PH, is producing an "anime" that will be part of the game may, however, be seen without being obliged to play it as a separate product. He is still working on it.

The production of SGS - Singularity SQUAD GEAR is currently stalled due to commitments to PH, which is working in the comics of the "HARDY BOYZ."
Last edited by TiaoFerreira on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:43 am, edited 18 times in total.
SENTA A PÚA!

Site Admin

Re: MY PROJECTS IN QUEUE

Postby monoRAIL » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 am

SGS looks really interesting. I hope your team will get the time to finish it.
| | | |

Postby TiaoFerreira » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:34 am

HEHEEHH!

Thanks. The real team are only two people, heheh! P-H and me. We're keeping working!
SENTA A PÚA!

Postby Raideen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:15 am

SGS looks very promising, gonna check forward for this!
btw, it's SWF right?
why not just using AS3...
I believe the AS3 will pump up its performance to max, especially if you wanna play with bullet-hell

Postby TiaoFerreira » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Unfortunatelly, I didn't learned AS3 yet. The AS1 syntax is very simple, and I get good results with it, but, of course, AS3 is better, it has a superor performance.

I will learn it, wait and see, heheh!
SENTA A PÚA!

Postby TiaoFerreira » Mon May 20, 2013 2:36 am

HI, guys. Unfortunatelly, I'm giving up to work on SGS project, because his author made business with another programmer, and this programmer have used my gameplay without talk to me.

Idon't matter what other people use my game ideas, pictures or resources, if people talk to me before.

I felt cheated. The images are from new version of SGS - SINGULARITY GEAR SQUAD, the new programmer used my gameplay concept without my permission. The game's author did not warned me.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgOb5YnOTM[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUJDvuuqQA[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqO2rjtN6XY[/youtube]

I've stopped all my work for this project and I made a backup of source files, for future legal necessities.
Last edited by TiaoFerreira on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SENTA A PÚA!

Site Admin

Postby monoRAIL » Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 am

That's a shame Tiao, but you shouldn't get too upset about it. Move on to something new and try to put it behind you. I usually find that's a better solution than trying to get some kind of compensation or apology from people who have let you down.
| | | |

Postby TiaoFerreira » Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks, bro. I'm not upset because the other programmer is continuing the game, I'm upset because the author, P-H, didn't warned me about his decision. But, as we say in Brazil, "bola pra frente" (ball forward). My own projects now have all my attention.
SENTA A PÚA!

Postby TiaoFerreira » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 am

Well, I have some updates for PIXEL FIGHTERS:

New graphics for all levels;
Defined number of levels: 40 standard and some secrets;
Redefined system of procedural maps generation: tiles environment now change according current mission;
All secundary weapon (bombs) implemented - Napalm (yellow), airstrike cluster (blue), grand slam rain (green) and TNT super charge (red);
And project keeps going... Slowly...
Last edited by TiaoFerreira on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SENTA A PÚA!

Postby TiaoFerreira » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

Well, how our life cans not stop, I've started some new projects:

RED REVENGE

With main features ok, lets work on our hero concept:

but..., and now, How can I choose one of 30 ships?

For today is over:) Back soon.
SENTA A PÚA!

Next

Return to Showcase