Unity Projects to show?

Discuss shoot-em-ups, and games in general.

Unity Projects to show?

Postby RipperRoo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Hey,

since im a very bad programmer id be interested if there are people here who would give there unity projects to show?
doesnt have to be a full project.

For example im really struggling how to make bullet patterns ?
And enemy movement via waypoints or how?

what about the spawning/ wave system how do i do that?

i mean i know how i could spawn a prefab on a position every x seconds, but that doesnt give a good level editor.
so there must be a good way to control your spawning, and maybe reuse the same enemy type but with a different movement/shooting pattern.
how would i do that?

and how about something like wave y only spawns if u finished wave x in time z.

i guess there is a good way to spawn different enemy types with different movement/bullet patterns and different conditions. but how ?

So thats one big reason why im interested in other peoples Unity Project, but also just out of curiosity.

Site Admin

Re: Unity Projects to show?

Postby monoRAIL » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm

iTween seems like a good solution for getting enemies to move on interesting paths: http://itween.pixelplacement.com/index.php

Unfortunately I haven't made a proper shmup since switching to Unity or I'd post the source here. I hope to get onto one after my current game. You could take a look at the global game site, and filter for Unity games. Entries to this competition include the full source code:

http://globalgamejam.org/2015/games?title=&country=All&city=&tools=unity&diversifier=All&platforms=All

Re: Unity Projects to show?

Postby RipperRoo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Hmmmm i tend to use only stuff that i made, and maybe i ll just make units that will go forward instead curves... i ll see.

Wow the site is absolutley awesome! i will need that in other cases a lot i guess, but for particular my problem with the shmups, it didnt help too much.
I couldnt find a lot of shmups in fact only 2!

Hopefully you can finish something soon, id be very interested in it! seems like noone else is answereing anymore in this forum except you :(

Return to General Discussion